Research and Engineering
Office: 503.626.6616 x127
Email: ijones (at) galois (dot) com
Personal Website: http://www.syntaxpolice.org/
Personal Twitter: http://twitter.com/SyntaxPolice
I have a fascination with both security and collaboration. As an open source developer, I thrive on openness and the "need-to-share" mindset, but some environments also have a "need-to-know" mandate. My mission here at Galois is to find innovative solutions for secure information sharing, and to see those solutions adopted. I lead the Assured Information Sharing program at Galois.
I'm a member of the Haskell open source community, where I was the first developer and maintainer of Cabal. I'm also a member of the Debian community, where I was one of the implementors of APT's secure package download framework. I've been a professional Haskell developer for a while now, but before that, I worked at Ohio State University and Cisco Systems. I am currently studying for a master's degree in Cybersecurity at University of Maryland, University College.
- Account Linking for the Open Science Grid: Identity Federation [Presentation]. Potoczny-Jones, Hoyt. Open Science Grid All-Hands meeting. Harvard Medical School, Boston MA. March 7, 2011.
- Quick authentication using mobile devices and QR codes [Web log post]. Potoczny-Jones. January 2011.
- Invited talk, "The Cross Domain Federated Search Manager (FSM)". 4th Annual Unified Cross Domain Management Office (UCDMO) Conference. Boston, MA. 2010.
- CryptoIntents, A discussion of the cryptography and keystore intents in OI Safe [Web log post]. Potoczny-Jones, 2009.
- Securing User-Centric Mashup Applications [Whitepaper]. Finne, Potoczny-Jones, Mertens. Galois, Inc. January 2008.
- Coutts, D., Potoczny-Jones, I., and Stewart, D. 2008. Haskell: batteries included. In Proceedings of the First ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Haskell (Victoria, BC, Canada, September 25 - 25, 2008). Haskell '08. ACM, New York, NY, 125-126.
- Jones, I. 2006. Haskell' status report. In Proceedings of the 2006 ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Haskell (Portland, Oregon, USA, September 17 - 17, 2006). Haskell '06. ACM, New York, NY, 122-122.
- Jones, I. 2006. Review: The Standard ML Basis Library by Emden R. Gansner and John H. Reppy, editors, Cambridge University Press, 2004, 406pp. J. Funct. Program. 16, 2 (Mar. 2006), 250-251.
- Jones, I. 2005. Halfs: a Haskell filesystem. In Proceedings of the 2005 ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Haskell (Tallinn, Estonia, September 30 - 30, 2005). Haskell '05. ACM, New York, NY, 116-116.