Cybersecurity Risk Management
With new cyber threats in the news every day, putting your company on the road to improved security should be a high priority. But few organizations have an accurate understanding of where they stand – or how to take the first step.
Cybersecurity decisions should be driven from a shared understanding of your organization’s assets, threats, and vulnerabilities so that security investments address the most significant risks. Security is a property of your entire IT infrastructure or application stack and should be considered as a whole. When you make security investments or purchase products without this whole-system understanding, your biggest risks might still be left unmitigated, no matter how much you spend.
“Galois' security assessment report gave me the information I needed to brief our chief operating officer on the risks to this system and on the company-wide decisions we need to make about security trade-offs.”
- Anonymous (why?) Fortune 500 company vice president
Galois can help you determine your actual risks and partner with your company's decision makers to create a workable, affordable, scalable strategy to reduce cyber risks in both the short- and long-term. Working together, we will:
- Locate accountability for cybersecurity in your organization so that decision making, execution, and incident response are effective.
- Identify the value of your information assets to your organization and to potential attackers in order to quantify the impact of security problems.
- Analyze security threats specific to your industry and type of organization.
- Identify where security risk management should be integrated into software development and technology acquisition.
- Create a security strategy so that the organization can proactively respond to an evolving threat landscape.
- Manage the residual risk that exists in every system.
With this organizational context established, we can partner with your technology team to:
- Identify applicable design approaches for developing secure systems.
- Determine how to find, document, track, and prioritize vulnerabilities in networks and software systems.
- Prioritize bug fixes, security controls, and other mitigations based on their ROI.
- Create a protocol for handling security incidents if and when they occur.
Our approach goes beyond audit, beyond penetration testing to improve your company's cybersecurity readiness through comprehensive security risk management. It is based on established standards including NIST 800-53 / NIST 800-37 and guided by our decade-long experience in developing highly secure software for government and commercial clients.