Cryptol: Download Trial Version
This free trial version lets you explore the Cryptol language. It compiles and interprets Cryptol specifications but does not translate the specification into an implementation, and only QuickCheck verification is enabled. The download includes the documentation suite and many examples.
Note: The current download is the Windows version. If you would like either the Linux or Mac download, please contact us directly.
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
READ ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT (“Agreement”) PRIOR TO DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING AND/OR USING THE SOFTWARE. DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING AND/OR USING THE SOFTWARE ACCOMPANYING THIS LICENSE INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
THIS LIMITED LICENSE (“LICENSE”) SETS FORTH THE TERMS PURSUANT TO WHICH GALOIS, INC. (“GALOIS”) IS WILLING TO GRANT TO YOU (“YOU” OR “LICENSEE”) THE RIGHT TO EVALUATE THE SOFTWARE ENCLOSED HEREWITH.
- Definitions. “You” and “your” refer to each entity using the Software, regardless of payment of any license fee to Licensor for the Software, but do not include affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, consultants, or any other third party, absent Licensor’s express written consent. “Software” includes any updates, upgrades, enhancements and modifications you may receive from Licensor via purchased maintenance and support services.
- Internal Use License. Licensor grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited, personal license to use the Software, solely for your internal business purposes.
- Restrictions. You shall not, (i) process the data of any other party or use the Software in a service bureau or timeshare manner, (ii) sell, publish, disclose, display, or otherwise make available the Software or copies thereof to, or permit the use thereof by, others not specifically authorized hereunder, (iii) transfer in any manner, in whole or in part, rent, lease, or trade-in the Software or any copy thereof, or (iv) allow access to the Software outside the permitted site(s). You may make one copy of the Software for archival or backup purposes and copies of the user manual as necessary, provided that such copy(ies) shall include Licensor's copyright and other proprietary notices. Otherwise, you may not copy or print, in whole or in part, the Software or user manual. All copies thereof remain the exclusive property of Licensor. You shall not, nor permit anyone to, de-compile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or in any manner otherwise attempt to learn the inner workings or derive the source code of the Software. The Software is proprietary to Licensor or its licensor, and title to it remains in Licensor or its licensor. The Software is protected by copyright law and international copyright treaty, and may be the subject of United States patents and patents of other jurisdictions. All applicable intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trade secrets, patents, and trademarks in the Software and user manual, or any modifications or enhancements thereto, shall remain with Licensor.
- Confidentiality. The Software and its user manual contain confidential information of Licensor. You agree to use at least a reasonable degree of care to prevent disclosure of such information to third parties, absent Licensor’s express written consent to such disclosure.
- Termination. You may terminate this license immediately by destroying all copies of the Software in your possession. This license will terminate automatically, without notice from Licensor, immediately (i) upon the breach of any terms of this license, or (ii) in the event you file for bankruptcy protection, are declared bankrupt in any jurisdiction, or have a receiver appointed, and such filing, declaration, or appointment is not rescinded within ninety (90) days.
- Maintenance. Maintenance and support for the Software are not provided under this license but may be purchased separately from Licensor.
- Warranty. Galois has no obligation to support the Program or Documentation provided under this license. To the extent permitted under applicable law, the Program and Documentation are licensed “AS IS”, WITH NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY. GALOIS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER RELIEF, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY, ARISING FROM LICENSEE’S USE OF THE PROGRAM OR DOCUMENTATION. Some States and other jurisdictions do not allow for the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties so the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to some Licensees. This warranty gives Licensees specific legal rights and Licensees may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
- Liability. To the extent permitted by law, Licensor shall have no liability under this license for consequential, exemplary, incidental, or punitive damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other data, or any other pecuniary loss), even if advised of the possibility of such damages, and Licensor’s liability, including liability arising out of contract, negligence, and strict liability in tort or warranty, shall not exceed the lesser of the amount you paid for the Software or US$100,000. This limitation shall be enforced even if doing so causes any remedy to fail of its essential purpose.
- Governing Law. This license and performance hereunder shall be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon.
- Export Compliance. At your own expense, you will comply with all U.S. export/import law and regulations with respect to the Software and shall not export/import the Software in violation thereof. You are liable for any taxes, fees, or assessments arising out of your use of the Software.
- Government Acquisition. If the Software is being acquired by or on behalf of the U.S. Government or by a U.S. Government prime contractor or subcontractor (at any tier), in accordance with 48 C.F.R. 227,7202-4 (for Department of Defense (DOD) acquisitions) and 48 C.F.R. 2.101 and 12.212 (for non-DOD acquisitions), the Government’s rights in Software and documentation, including its rights to use, modify, reproduce, release, perform, display, or disclose the Software or documentation, will be subject in all respects to the commercial license rights and restrictions provided in this license.
- Severance. If any provision of this license is deemed invalid, illegal, or unenforceable under any applicable statute or rule of law, it is deemed modified to the degree necessary to comply with applicable law, and the remaining provisions shall remain in force and unaffected.
- Injunction. You agree that your breach of any provision of this license will cause Licensor irreparable injury that is inadequately compensable in monetary damages and, accordingly, that Licensor shall be entitled to injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction against the breach or threatened breach of this license, in addition to any other remedies in law or equity.
- Waiver. The waiver or failure of Licensor to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further right hereunder and no waiver shall be effective unless in writing.
- Assignment. You agree that this license is nontransferable, even as part of the sale of any portion of your business, or pursuant to any merger, consolidation, or reorganization, without Licensor's prior written consent, but that Licensor may assign freely any of its rights or obligations under this license.
- Entire Agreement. This license constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and Licensor, supersedes any prior agreement or understanding whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter hereof, and may be modified only by a written agreement signed by both parties. IF YOU HAVE A WRITTEN MASTER AGREEMENT WITH LICENSOR GOVERNING THE LICENSE AND USE OF SOFTWARE, SUCH MASTER AGREEMENT WILL CONTROL AND PREVAIL OVER THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE.
To review the complete Cryptol toolset, request a free Commercial Evaluation license.